Sunday 26 November 2017

Upcycled candle pot



Over on the PaperArtsy blog, the theme is Shades of White .I entered the other day with a card and, on the same theme, created a pot for Pot pourri, using a candle container that was used up.
Its a fairly large container that burned with 3 wicks and while cleaning it out I thought that it would be a good idea to bling it up for Christmas.
I glued some pearl decor ribbon around, which I had bought to cut up strips of pearls to dangle from Headbands, to sell at the school fair and then added layers of lace and ribbon, with a heart from music paper , some fibres and a few jewels.
I stamped some of Emma Godfrey's so useful words from her EEG12 range of Christmas stamps and sentiments and dotted them around inside the pot amongst the Pot Pourri.

Last minute entry to the PA challenge!


7 comments:

  1. Just in time then Hazel, nice piece of up cycling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea Hazel! Love those little word strips and the arrangement on the front is so pretty. I love it!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's lovely - full of festive glamour and sparkle!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yes - so happy to hear you're enjoying the singing! You'll have to come down for the workshop one of these days... xx

      Delete
  4. That upcycled candle holder is stunning... I love it!! So creative!! Love the silver and gold together. You could even hide one of those little battery operated tealights in there to still have some light!! Fabulous post!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely upcycling Hazel! apologies for the delay in getting back to you. As the winner of our Stamps and stencils Pastels challenge I have a little prize of 5 file folders for you. if you can email me your address I'll get them in the post for you toniajao99@btinternet.com thanks Hazel, wishing you a Happy New Year Toni x

    ReplyDelete