Thursday 9 February 2017

Texture, crackle and paint!



Over on Stamps and Stencils, the topic is Texture, Crackle and Paint. So here is my entry.
In my Repurposed old book I gessoed, and using Lin Browns' new stencil, applied some crackle paste. I then painted the whole page with a selection of neutral shades of Fresco paint, and when dry, sanded back my crackle paste.
I then created a crackled effect by painting some Mocha Mousse fresco paint onto my Crafty Individuals crackle stamp and applied randomly.
Then with a Donna Downey stencil and Coffee Archival Ink, I added some words. 
To finish, I darkened around the border and added some perfect pearl accents to the seed heads.


7 comments:

  1. Another brilliant page Hazel, looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is wonderful, my fave of all the entries so far, well done. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your subtle stamped crackle along with the stencilled flowers - beautiful, soft neutrals - a really stunning page.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so thrilled to have you share with us, Hazel! I adore your neutral palette and gorgeous stamped crackle. Exquisite! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful journal page Hazel. I love the soft colours and subtle crackling , really lovely. Thank you for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Toni xx

    ReplyDelete