Wednesday 1 February 2017

It is love....


When Sue, from Country View Crafts design Team set us the challenge of creating something in 30 minutes or less, I was a bit daunted. Tend to turn things into epic productions and, to be honest, clean and simple is not my thing!
However....managed to create this Valentine Card in 15 minutes.

First, I selected a printed out sheet of a piece of journalling that I had done a while ago and turned it into a chop up sheet.
Using Emma Godfrey's fab stamps PaperArtsy EEG13, I stamped 1 large heart and 2 smaller ones onto my printed work and cut them out. 
I wasted some time creating a colour wash background which was rejected and settled for plain white. 
I stamped the word LOVE and a sentiment in black archival and then just drew around the card with dashes.
Card finished. 
For more ideas, please visit the Country View Crafts Site and maybe enter the competition to win a voucher.




14 comments:

  1. Great card and design Hazel love the effects in the hearts and a great way to get something made in under 30 minutes. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Hazel, a really great CAS design xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect Hazel, gorgeous splash of colour, and I love your doodling xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is more of a challenge for some of us, but it does push us into trying new things which isn't a bad thing. Your CAS card rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card, love those hearts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, Hazel! The time challenge was a real challenge for us :-) Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! I have a problem to make CAS cards too, but yours is very beautiful!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a clever idea to use a journal spread in that way! Makes for a brilliant card and definitely the white background is effective! Looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Hazel, your hearts look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely glorious hazel! I couldnt complete anythingin thirty minutes; it takes that long to make a space on my desk!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful work! I love this Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card - the hearts are spectacular xx

    ReplyDelete