Monday 4 January 2016

Lollipop, lollipop!

2 PA posts in short succession....a bit like buses.....but you will be pleased to know that I have not gone all Narcissistic , just helping out Leandra!

Anyway, my piece to join in with the topic of Transparent had to be UTEE. It fascinates me and is the nearest to alchemy that I will achieve.
I started by brayering some PA fresco colours onto my A4 Heavy Cardstock. I created grass with Limelight, Bora, bora and Tinned peas.....and sky with Bougainvillea, Cherry Red and Rose.
I created grassy stems by putting the brayer sideways and using the edge.


I knocked back the lower part of the sky with Chalk and then added a few highlights with Tango. I added some stamping with assorted stamps from the wonderful JOFY range using archival inks.


Next, I melted my UTEE  (Ultra thick embossing enamel) in my melting pot and added some special melt art ink, which is Tourmaline, which retains the translucency. I poured the mix onto my craft mat into little cutters and also straight onto the mat and stamped into it.....made sure that I inked the stamp first.


Then I stamped some of Jofys flowers, painted some with snowflake and added my Utee shapes. The star was too thick, so I have saved it for another project, or to melt down and reuse.

I cut down my picture and added a few touches of white pen here and there and also used some of the Utee offcuts for small flowers.

I was pleased with the results as I think that the UTEE shapes suit the style of the stamps. Here is a close up showing some detail. 


And here is the finished piece! 


I hope that you are able to join in with the topic...Transparent....over on the PA blog. Hope to see you there!






1 comment:

  1. A fabulous make, Hazel - a real nudge to get the UTEE out and play - apart from being so fresh and summery, it all looks great fun to do!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete