Tuesday 26 January 2016

Hearts Galway

My fourth play over on the PA blog.
I just decided to play around with some papers and part of a map of Ireland that I came across while tidying this afternoon.

I tore up some strips and glued them to my journal page and knocked them back very slightly with some fresco Snowflake. I cut out some hearts from brown and script tissue and doodled around them. Dabbed some distress inks here and there for ageing and selected some vintage photos.
I thought that the song Galway Bay would be appropriate for this interesting looking couple! Who knows what kind of life they might have had together....I like to imagine that they defied all the odds and lived happily together, tucked away in a little cottage somewhere.
I printed out the words to Galway Bay and did quite a lot of doodling around the page!
It made me think about my Dad and how lovely it would have been for him to adorn my page with his beautiful Copperplate Handwriting!


Another entry on the PA blog.

4 comments:

  1. This looks great, Hazel - love the layers of papers and your doodling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely charming - lovely soft texture and dimension from those delicate papers, and great spontaneity in the doodling - I really love this page.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete