Monday 13 July 2015

Elephant in the room!

Well, my first ever GD spot! Never thought that I would be wearing my" Big Girl Pants ", but, there you go!

Leandra requested something on the theme of Time, and as I have more or less all the PA stamps which are time related, I was happy to oblige.

I started with dear Ellie the elephant and painted her with 2 coats of PA fresco Chalk.
I looked out all my PA time-related clocks and sentiments and stamped them onto white tissue paper.


I heat-sealed the ink by blasting with my heat gun. The stamps used are Clocks 3, Clocks 4, HP1004EZ, ID 10EZ, ELB05, HPXT03, HPXT04.

I cut up and glued my clocks and sentiments and enjoyed arranging them along the contours of Ellie.

Next, I embossed clocks onto PA metal card and cut strips for the base of the legs.

I filled in the gaps on Ellie's body by dabbing Leaf Green archival ink through a dotty stencil.

I gave Ellie some flowers by stamping HP1004EZ onto tissue, scrunching, gluing and adding a brad.


I decided that Ellie needed some earrings and decided to make her some of the legendary "Leandra Beads". I had never made any before, but found it quite easy to do. I just googled Leandra's beads and found a video by Suze Weinberg!




So, here is Ellie...all dressed up !






Thanks for looking!
You can Link up to the Paperartsy blog here.http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk










5 comments:

  1. Ellie is quite a glamorous elephant who would grace any room! How I love those earrings! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Hazel, so proud of your Ellie as your First GD spot for PA. Had to comment, love your concept of time using fab colours and stamps, the Leandra bead is beautiful and makes a fantastic talisman.

    Mo:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolute delight of a post over at PA, Hazel - huge congratulations - it's lovely to see you there!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. An exquisite project, I adore your elephant!!!!!! :) Coco xx

    ReplyDelete