Sunday 28 September 2014

Craftytrog Journal Page

After having been in Spain for the best part of 2 weeks I was chomping at the bit to join in the PA challenges once again.
I was delighted to find that my friend Alison was Guest Designing and her journal page inspired me.
I followed all of her instructions and was grateful for the tip to dry splats and drips before adding other colours. Wish that she had told me to put on an apron though. My lovely newish jumper soaked up some of the splats!
I used some mop up papers from when I previously used Hotpick 1303EZ, so went with it for the whole project.
I used PA fresco Tango and Bora Bora and my "sentiment" is a cutting from a magazine which hit home as all this art stuff does send my heart into overdrive!
Thanks Alison, your work is stunning and deserves lots of recognition.


10 comments:

  1. gorgeous page - and I bet the jumper looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh the orange and blue compliment each other perfectly and I love your layout xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you back Hazel and what a fab return you have for us here. I love this colour combo and the phrase is lovely. Shame about the jumper ..... you mucky kid!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Hazel, I do sympathize about the jumper! I never learn and I've ruined quite a few clothes with my messiness! That's enough of that, though! This project is fabulous. I love your bold colour choices and the design of this journal page. There's something intriguing about the sentiment and those 'jigsaw' like images. Great work - love those drips too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, hazel! I keep meaning to make an apron, it's next on my list!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning page Hazel! It is a very graphical and parfect colors combination. I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fab Hazel, I love how it draws you in to the different layers. A couple of washes and the jumper will be fine! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so thrilled to have inspired you Hazel, thank you for your kind words!
    Your page looks amazing with those wonderful layers & that fab quote!
    Sorry about the jumper!
    Alison xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Hazel sorry visiting so late, always playing catching. I love the colours you have chosen they really work well. And I really love the sentiment. A great take on Alison's sample. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very different for you Hazel, i like the layering and colours very much, had difficulty reading the sentiment but got there eventually and i love what it implies...

    Great take on Alison's project :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete