Thursday 16 January 2014

Linda Browns New Quotes!

As some of you have gathered I was fortunate enough to win the first challenge draw in January and received, before general release Lin's beautiful new stamps.
I had to keep quiet, but can now 'show and tell"
Linda blogged her stamps recently and showed some beautiful tags which are fabric based.

So, I couldn't wait to have a go and ploughed on in my usual chaotic way, paints, stamps, inks, paper, glue etc all scattered about in my wake!
I started by covering a PA tag in cotton fabric, glued with Claudia Hellmuth and proceeded to scrape fresco paints across it with a palette knife. I used Lake Wanaka, Limelight, Toad Hall and Hey Pesto.

I stencilled flower heads through in Limelight 

This is when I lost faith in my work and threw everything at it. Lilac spots, little circles, swirls and Peeled Paint Distress inks around the edges. Typical me again, chuck the kitchen sink at it.

I stamped Lin's sentiment "Take a moment to embrace today" and heart stamp onto green tissue paper and glued them to the tag. punched holes, threaded ribbons, attached a flower, Distressed the edges in Black Soot and…….I think that I rescued it.

8 comments:

  1. You most certainly did rescue it Hazel! It's wonderful. Love the stamping on green tissue. I've all sorts of coloured tissue but never been brave enough to use it on anything.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think u did too. If I get to a yikes moment, I usually wash a light opaque over to knock it back. But the stamped tissue works well on thus. You did good! there is a technique coming up next week that would work a treat on these fabric tags. All u need is a ______ ! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel I love your thrown everything at it look. The result is truly fantastic. I keep going back to look it really like it ALOT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out to be absolutely gorgeous! Well done! It's often when you think something is irredeemable that it turns out to be amazing and that's what has happened here: I love the way you threw everything at it and those ribbons look terrific. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. One rescued Tag looking amazing, love all the bits you say you threw at it, can't see why you didn't like it. Lovely work Hazel:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out great Hazel, don't be too hard on yourself. One of the things I love about using paint is that if you really don't like it, you can just paint over it!!! You certainly didn't need to paint over this one though, it's looking pretty good to me. Oh and thank you for using my stamps.

    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great rescue, lucky you winning both sets of stamps. Love how you've threaded the ribbons at the bottom - lovely xx

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tag all the finishing touches look amazing x

    ReplyDelete