Wednesday 18 October 2017

Beautiful memories, special people.



Having just returned from a fantastic 3 day retreat in Coventry run by Art Workshops I was keen to play with some ideas inspired by the amazing Nathalie Kalbach and Birgit Koopsen.

I worked in my large journal beginning with brayering colours, then Nathalies' foamies stamps, gradually building up a background.

The image is a photo of my dear uncles Len and Edgar. Edgar, on the right, is a happy and independent 92 year old and Len left us a couple of years ago.

I wanted to paint them in a happy place with happy colours and it just evolved naturally and I love it.

The paints are PaperArtsy frescos and the stamps at the top are Birgit's from Carabelle.

I am entering this into the Mixed Media Monthly challenge as the colour inspiration is bright.

Thanks for looking.




4 comments:

  1. Sounds as though it was a hugely inspiring workshop retreat - and I love seeing how it's fired you up into the brights for this fabulous page spread. The tinted clothing is a treat, and the background is amazing - so full of movement and energy.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a great workshop and your project evokes just the feelings you had hoped for. A delight! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete