Monday 1 May 2017

Unforgettable.



My first piece of art for the Flower Power challenge over on the Country View Crafts blog was determined by my choice of TH flower stamp, which I adore. 

I began by Gessoing a page in my Girl's Annual, adding neutral fresco paints and choosing some papers to show off the flowers. 

I stamped the flowers onto some sturdy watercolour paper and painted them very roughly with Vintage Photo Distress ink.


I cut them out so that there was some of the cream background still there in order to make them stand out from the background. 
I assembled my chosen papers and aged them a little, and added a poem from a book by Wordsworth. 
The key just gave some added interest to the story.
I hope that this, and the fabulous work of my teams has inspired you to enter our challenge. 
Thanks for looking. 




17 comments:

  1. Beautiful Hazel, love this lots xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful vintage project, lovely vintage collage, Hazel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful Hazel - I love the vintage look - perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely Hazel, such a gently piece xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful page! Gorgeous!oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely - the soft neutrals are right up my alley - vintage perfection.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you have done with the flowers, the layout is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous ! Love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a subtle Vintage piece Hazel! Love Tim's flowers too, xx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your vintage collage, Hazel! The neutral colors are perfect for it!
    xx Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. so very beautiful Hazel - so gorgeous - I adore your use of colour - subtle and stunning! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Hazel!!! I adore how you layered up the different papers and those Timmy flowers are just the perfect finishing touch! Stunning and inspiring spread!!! And of course I LOVE those vintage neutral tones!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do love this vintage look Hazel, the colours always marry together so perfectly. Such a pretty addition using TH Flower Garden stamps and the key is a superb addition.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really adore this Hazel! What wonderful layering and awesome use of Tim's flower stamps. Stunning my friend! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning flower power page Hazel, fabulous vintage look and lovely daisies. It is wonderful that you chose this poem for the theme. xx

    ReplyDelete