Friday 21 April 2017

The Magic Of Three!



I am thrilled to have invited by "A Vintage Journey" blog team to be a Pinworthy Guest Designer.
The theme chosen is "The Magic Of Three", and this is what I have created.

I began with a piece of Acrylic paint Board measuring 12"x8", and created a textural background. This consisted of grungepaste through a doily stencil, cheesecloth, lace, hessian, manuscript paper and crocheted doily.
All were secured down with dollops of gesso. 


My piece is a dedication to my Dad's sister Joan. A wonderful lady whom I admired very much. A quiet, unassuming lady who was always gentle and kind. She had a twin sister who was the more flamboyant of the two, and Joan just blended into the background. 

I copied a photo, framed it and added treasure gold to my frame.
Here is where the 3's come in. There are 3 wooden hearts, 3 Roses and 3 other flowers. I added the word Love, and some die cut foliage. 
The gold effects are created by melting some Frantage Embossing powders, Aged Gold and Shabby White.
There is a little script stamping in the background and it is framed with Aged gold Embossing Enamel.

So, here is my lovely Auntie Joan, I aspire to be kind and gentle like her!





9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful celebration of Joan's life, I'm sure she would love this beautiful piece Hazel. I love all the textures and beautiful shabby elements. We are certainly thrilled to have you and your gorgeous art at AVJ, thanks for sharing this with us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gilded textures here - I love the lacy background, and Auntie Joan looks very happy framed by all those beautiful flowers. You can feel how full of love this project is. Great to have you joining us on the Vintage Journey this month.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hazel, such a gorgeous mixed media tribute to your lovely Aunt! What a fabulous photo of her! The lacy texture you've created with the gold highlights melts my heart! Beautiful design from such a talented lady! Thank you for sharing this at A Vintage Journey as one our Pinworthy Guests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a wonderful tribute to your Auntie Hazel, her picture is beautiful and you have surrounded her with such lovely lace and flowers, they all create the most wonderful texture! A stunning piece of work to share with us as our guest at A Vintage Journey! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do such wonders in a neutral palette and this is no exception. I adore your gorgeous layers with the touches of gold. I love Joan's beautiful face and admire you for wanting to take on her qualities of meekness. What a wonderful attribute! Big hugs and congratulations, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning project Hazel, love the wonderful monochrome neutral palette with those little flecks of gold! Such a lovely tribute to your aunt!! A great aspiration too, there is so little gentleness and kindness left in the world.... Great to have you with us at AVJ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a beautiful and special project - I love the gorgeous lace and those stunning little flowers - such a wonderful vintage feel and such a perfect tribute to your aunt.

    ReplyDelete