Wednesday 10 August 2016

Zesty Zing

I am currently creating a "Scruffy" journal. It is scruffy because it is made from torn recycled packaging with exposed bits of corrugated card adding to the texture of the pages.


Tonight, I created a double page using some very bright papers from a free set of papers that I have had for years. They were designed by Kate Knight.

I began by covering my pages with randomly torn and glued papers. I knocked them back with some Paperartsy fresco Chalk. I added some bits of torn page and then brayered lightly over it all.
I covered the pages with Clear Gesso and then sketched a face.
This was painted with more fresco paints.
I cut out some flowers from the Kate Knight papers and added them. I also added a phrase from the Tim Holtz Small Talk collection.
I finished off with some doodling and some Distress ink, Picked Raspberry, around the edges.

I am entering this into the That's Crafty Zesty Zing Challenge.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours Hazel and a fabulous face xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Hazel, just my kind of colours and you are sooo good at drawing faces. Have a fun weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastically vivid colours - such an uplifting page spread. I've definitely got to get a scruffy journal going one of these days.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete