Thursday 7 January 2016

Transparent alphabet.

Just having a look on Pinterest at random art works this afternoon and stumbled across this way of transferring book print. Probably everyone else is already familiar with this technique but it is new to me.

I started by gessoing my old book page and then rubbed fresco paints onto it with my fingers. I used Mocha Mousse, Vintage Lace and Irish Cream.


Next, laid some ordinary sellotape down onto a dictionary page.....rubbed over it a little and peeled it off! This is the technique that I discovered. Depending upon the quality of the paper, age, etc and how hard you rub over it, you will get varying degrees of removal from the page.
I stencilled a letter A with archival inks and just laid my first piece of tape onto my page. 


I found some more letter A's , painted them, and made more bits of printed tape. I arranged them onto the page and stamped a few Paperartsy a's from W2.
If you look carefully, you can see the variations in the transfer of the script! Enjoyed this page...it is like me...simple! 








11 comments:

  1. What a great idea, Hazel! I'm always on the look-out for ways to transfer images or text to a page without having to reverse the image. This looks really effective and it uses inexpensive materials too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is smart idea Hazel. Great constitution and fab the different type letter A. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I've not seen it before. Love the page (and colours)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous page, love the composition Hazel! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea, hazel! Brilliant!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant for a quick and easy, no-mess transfer. I must remember that one! Lovely page too...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That'll be A for Alison, then, will it? This appeals to me so strongly - I love the neutral tones, the beautiful transferred book text and of course all those A variations. Gorgeous page, Hazel!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete