Wednesday 27 January 2016

Hearts Roses

My fabulous Grand-daughter was whisked away early this afternoon which gave me time for an extra play.
This is an idea that I have been wanting to try out for some time.

I started by tearing up a posh advert for D&G, from a glossy magazine....chosen for the pink and red colour scheme. I glued the pieces to journal page.


Next, I filled in the gaps by stencilling with Archival inks in Carnation Red and Magenta Hue.


Next, I wrote the words that I had thought of, using Black Fudeball pen.


Painted out all of the background with Black Gesso and doodled with White Uniball Signo.


It was a bit experimental, but I am pleased with the finished effect!
Another one for the PA challenge!




5 comments:

  1. Looking amazing Hazel, love how you have covered up the bright background with black to give a rather wonderful page :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so clever Hazel! I love it ! Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, great technique for a bold and beautiful effect.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This experiment was pure success! Super cool. I've done the same with scrapbook paper, but using floral imagery is genius! Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It really looks fabulous!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete