Tuesday 16 June 2015

Shabby Chic This Moment

Lots of fabulous inspiration this month on the CVC challenge blog! The theme is shabby chic, and after seeing Gabrielle's inspiring work I decided to feature an old photo!

I found a textural background that I had abandoned a while back and decided to work on that.
It is a piece inspired by old walls with posters fading and peeling. I have layered papers, maps, manuscript, paint, crayon and loads of grungepaste.


I chose a very old photo of my paternal Grandparents, probably taken about 1928. my father is top left and his siblings are all there except his twin brother who always lived with his Grandparents which was, in my opinion very sad!
I added some stabile scribble and a bit of printing with a script stamp. mounted the photo onto corrugated card and added part of a Shakespeare sonnet.
I think that the photo looks really at home in this setting and I wrote a secret message on manuscript paper and tucked it into the side of the photo! Still miss my Dad very much...he was my artistic inspiration!
Entering this into the Countryview challenge!








7 comments:

  1. what a wonderful piece of art, Hazel, and with your hidden message you should link this to PA too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, so many textures going on and wonderfully sentimental also xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous piece of art Hazel! Love your interpretation of the inspiration for it and the emotions involved too. Gorgeous stuff!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous. I like the way you did layering and age and shabbyness. And that secret message idea is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning layered background, Hazel - what a glorious creation. I love the family photo, framed with the corrugated card, and how the words seem to hover in and out of focus. Just wonderful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this beautiful collage? Stunning art Hazel! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning project, absolutely love what you did here, just beautiful!
    Thanks for adding it to our challenge at Countryview Crafts and sorry I only come to comment now, but better late than never I guess...

    ReplyDelete