Tuesday 24 February 2015

Canvas minibook

Tuesday of the new PA challenge and I am up and running and very excited!
So much fabulous inspiration again on the PA blog!....juicylicious!

So, I decided to do a mini book consisting of 4 double pages cut from an assortment of canvas style fabric.
Didn't measure, just cut some rectangles which turned out to be roughly 4"x3".
Got so involved that just had to finish in a day, even after lunch out and a pint of lager!

Here we go!....Page one..


PA mini stamp onto gold tissue paper, machine stitched sari silk around it. Outside of canvas scribbled with portfolio pastels, melted and gold frantage added. Few beads and a couple of roses which are cheapo earrings.

Page two...


Felting machined sari silks to some extra canvas, glued LP stamped and coloured pics onto it!

Page three...


Grungepaste stamped into with PA stamp; sprayed with mica sprays; scratched love into frantage embossing gold while still soft. Added Treasure Gold in different colours. Brad in middle.

Page four...


This is a piece left over from a master board inspired by Emma Godfrey. Grungepasted heart, glued on manuscript, stamping and paint flicked.

Page five....


More sari silk adhered to canvas with felting machine. LP stamped onto deli paper; few embolus and a bit of hand done flystitch.

Page six....


Gold tissue surround, canvas painted with French Roast and script stamped over. Gold frantage around edges. Gold lace and LP image!

Page seven....


French roast with Vintage lace over and crackle glazed! Scribbled with Portfolio pastels around the edge and heated. some melted Frantage and beads sewn! PA sentiment.

Page eight......


Golden crackle paste through stencil. Supposed to dry for ever but life too short! Sprayed with copper mica spray. Simple but shame to add anything!

Next, I put it all together and added some wools and fibres! As usual, if I wasn't so impatient, I could have spent more quality time fine tuning, but ....Hey Ho, tomorrow is another day! never know what it may spring upon me!



If you are still with me, thanks for looking and if you have time I would love to know which page you like the best!










18 comments:

  1. It's all gorgeous!! My favourite would be the front cover and page 5. Can't pick just one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where to begin, your mini book is fab. I can't possibly choose one page they are all superb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous mini fabric book Hazel and I love every single page but my personal favourite is page 3 by a whisker purely because I love the beautiful subtle colours as well as the texture. Gosh I wish I had half your crafting speed, lol!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pages 1, 2, 5 and 8 are my favourites because of the embellisher, hand stitching, beads and Portfolio Pastels.

    A STUNNING fiber ArTist project Hazel, one to be proud of and a perfect minature :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous is that, love you mini book Hazel it's wonderful and there are 3 I'd pick, 1,2 and 4...if pushed 2...but they are all wonderful! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This mini book is gorgeous and fab all pages. I love P1, P3, and P8...Um difficult to choose! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what can i say? it is drop dead gorgeous!! from the front cover to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally stunning - I LOVE all the pages - the whole thing is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this, Hazel! I really like the way you used the Lynne Perrella images, giving them an even more enigmatic feel with the different treatments. I also really love those crackle hearts. There was no need for anymore on that page, you were totally right to leave it simple because it looks so effective. I adore mini art and you've triumphed again with this project, Hazel. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very lovely Hazel, pages 2 & 3 are my faves x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's gorgeous! I love all the different textures, every page is a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful!!! Can't pick a favorite, there is something to love about each page.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sometimes speed fuels creativity... amazed you accomplished so much in such a short time! The whole book is great , I like the idea of a canvas support very much. My favourite is page 5 because it has so much to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I love it all, but as I'm a magpie to the core, I'm going with page 3...but I'm also loving the cracked hearts too on page 7! It's all totally fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable! I like page 6 best! Love the use of gold tissue, it works really well. And I'm a sucker for Lynne Perrella,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow wow wow truly amazing little book and wow such texture and so many different techniques, awesome. Happy Art :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete